2.23.2012

52/8


Shoes

This week's theme was shoes.  I really wanted shoes that told a story. My first thought was a homeless persons shoes, then upon discussion with my best friend, her husbands army boots he wore in Iraq. Unfortunately she lives in Atlanta, so getting those boots in time just wasn't possible. I really wanted to do a juxtaposition of his worn down solider shoes with his daughters shoes. PERFECT. Yet again, lack of time has left me with something not nearly as impacting. 
However, these shoes still tell a story. My story. Well a few chapters at least. Tied up in their laces are the memories old friends, late nights, college, vet teching, five points, bike rides, long drives, dancing, local music shows, a few random jobs, a few random characters, borders, bad coffee shop poetry, and seeing those two lines on a stick. The list goes on and on. Old souls these shoes. They really take me back. Boy, have I come a long way since these were shiny and new.  I suppose I should get rid of them...but just like a well hidden old photograph they're always a joy to stumble upon. Maybe next year. 



Like mysteries? I never know what I'll find when I click over to the next blog. What's it gonna be!? Click HERE to visit my friend Renee's blog, and see what shoes look like through her lens. Keep following the links to finish the circle. No shoes required.




WWW.ChayHastingsPhotography.Com
Chay Hastings is an on location, natural light photographer specializing in child photography, family photography, and couples photography in Jacksonville Florida.
I know that every moment, even the small ones are memories in the making. I love personal connections, and manifest that love in my work. I believe sessions should develop organically and clients should be themselves. I value amiable client relations, and strive to earn referrals. Chay Hastings Photography, because life is a photo opportunity!

9 comments:

  1. I love it Chay! Love the writing and love the picture. Who knew we were all chuck girls;)! The post processing is awesome and I feel emotion in this pic - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super image! Those shoes tell a story even without your beautiful words.

    My first idea (a ballet image) didn't work out either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nostalgic feel of your image! My vote says don't toss the good ole days, wish I still had mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely keep them. They just get better with age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have the best light. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes look like they've seen a lot. Love this picture Chay, & the story that goes with it. Nothing like a worn in pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you have kept the shoes! Such memories they trigger. The way you have them setting is just perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Girl, those tennis shoes are so familiar! it brings to my mind so many different positive emotions =) nice shot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it and it's still a great story! Love the post processing too.

    ReplyDelete