2.01.2012

52/5

Pocket of Light

What is a pocket of light? Well, my definition would be...Pockets of light: those perfectly placed rays of sunshine that fall so beautifully from the heavens. Angels hum " aaah", as the clouds part, and your subject is illuminated by all of the ray's majestic glory. Through the mist it is visible where the light trail begins, and your eyes so gracefully follow it to the subject.
But alas, this is the real world and a week wasn't long enough to stumble upon "the perfect ray", let alone on a misty morning in florida. 
A wise woman once said, "If the pocket doesn't come to you... create the pocket" ( cough* Cris cough*)...or something like that. Which happens to be exactly what I did. 
BEHOLD!! Pocket à la front door!
Ok, so, It's not the vision above...but I am pretty darned pleased with this photo of my son! 


Honestly though, a pocket of light can be any area of a photo that is illuminated by a light source directly hitting the subject of your photo and nothing else.
Can't wait to see what Rhonda posted this week! Head on over to her blog, "Our Life"  and shed some more light onto the subject.




WWW.ChayHastingsPhotography.Com
Chay Hastings is an on location, natural light photographer specializing in child photography, family photography, and couples photography in Jacksonville Florida.
I know that every moment, even the small ones are memories in the making. I love personal connections, and manifest that love in my work. I believe sessions should develop organically and clients should be themselves. I value amiable client relations, and strive to earn referrals. Chay Hastings Photography, because life is a photo opportunity!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my! Just love the sweetness in this photo! I am in eating up the way the light gracefully falls over that sweet face. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Looks like we were of the same eye this week! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe they could be in the same set! I really like your processing. There's an added sweetness to it!

      Delete
  3. wow!...looks like you found some perfect rays for your little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute, and his eyes pull you in every time. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. I love it. I love the soft pp'ing you did. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! What a great way to create your own light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creation is beautiful! And what a perfect little model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Chayyyyy!!!! this is the second blog I saw and both were GORGEOUS!!!! I love this picture. That pocket! his expression. Love your bluish editing. Love it all. You did such a wonderful job!!!! way to goo girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chay this is gorgeous!!!! You did a beautiful job and that is a damn good photo of him!!!!! Woo! Awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete