1.13.2012

52/2


Sparkle

For me, this week was more difficult than the last. You'd think capturing something sparkling would be easy.  And, well, it is...kind of... 
Which is exactly why this theme proved to be so challenging. For example, you cooooould take something glittery, place it in the sun, find the right angle, and snap away until you captured all that is beautiful, shiny and sweet.  No problem...
But I didn't want to do that. I was on a mission to find something more. Something that called to me. Something that caught my eye.
 So, here it is. I present to you my sparkle photo. 
Illuminated wishes, disguised as coins. Keeping their secrets so peacefully on the bottom of a pond. 


I often wonder what secrets they hold. 

Feel like adding even more sparkle to your day? Click on over to Lisa Elle Photography, to see her take on this week's theme. 




Chay Hastings is an on location, natural light photographer specializing in child photography, family photography, and couples photography in Jacksonville Florida.
I know that every moment, even the small ones are memories in the making. I love personal connections, and manifest that love in my work. I believe sessions should develop organically and clients should be themselves. I value amiable client relations, and strive to earn referrals. Chay Hastings Photography, because life is a photo opportunity!

13 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful shot Chay! I love your interpretation of sparkle and I love your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation as well. I love seeing all the different perspectives of Sparkle! I have always loved coin pools!! I hope your little guy is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so, so beautiful.

    Please tell me that you are old enough to remember The Goonies. When I see pennies in a fountain like yours I remember the scene where they must decide if it is okay to steal someone's wishes by taking the money they see. I love that scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your thoughts along with the sparkling wishes. Way to think outside the norm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo! I've made many a wish this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh great idea, girl!!! The picture is gorg and I've wished many wishes with pennies. Not sure if any of them ever came true though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to travel to Europe and check out all the wonderful fountains. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the movement of that water is crazy! love it. Love the creativity in this shot!!!! WTG Chay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super creative! Love this shot and the way the water is moving. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your interpretation of this weeks theme! Extremely thought provoking. Great job, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Chay! And I love the illuminated wishes disguised as coins - awesome!!! It makes me want to go find a pond with my little guy & make wishes together.

    ReplyDelete