7.05.2012

52/27

Celebrate
Sometimes you just don't feel like celebrating. Here are some selfies to prove it. 
Sorry to be so bleak. I'm not usually the type to sulk. Honestly I love celebrating life, small moments, big moments...anything! However, I do believe that it is healthy, and cleansing to let out your sadness every now and then. We can't put on a brave face everyday. Life can be tough. Things can start to feel overwhelming. Ickyness can catch up with us. Even when we are most always focused on the positives. Even when we're being mindful. 
"The real questions are the ones that obtrude upon your consciousness whether you like it or not, the ones that make your mind start vibrating like a jackhammer, the ones that you "come to terms with" only to discover that they are still there. The real questions refuse to be placated. They barge into your life at the times when it seems most important for them to stay away. They are the questions asked most frequently and answered most inadequately, the ones that reveal their true natures slowly, reluctantly, most often against your will." - Ingrid Bengis
Don't let the lack of answers or failure keep you from trying. You will grow stronger. Never give up, even if in moments like this you feel like you want to. Even if you've fallen down seven times, you must stand up eight. 
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"- Audrey Hepburn


Now that I've given myself a moment to get that out of my system, it's time to celebrate.
I'm sure the next images will make you smile.  Next up is Jackie. I know you're going to love what she has to share! 

5 comments:

  1. We all have these moments, unfortunately. I must say even though your photo's aren't happy, they are you, your REAL life, and I see beauty in that, in you! I know you've been working so hard at your goals and it shows. Hope your days are brighter! Thanks for being open and real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the tears allow for the rainbows. Dolly Parton said something similar to that. I have a tendency to keep pushing through... but then I'll have my moments... usually with less tears and more m&m's. I didn't have any celebration photos this week, and I didn't want to miss again. As awkward as some people may think these photos are, I was proud of the way they turned out. I feel like I captured the way I was really feeling in that moment. I was also proud because I did it without a remote, and all by myself! So, ironically these photos gave me something to celebrate! Funny how life happens that way sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful post Chay! And I wholeheartedly agree you need to let it out! I think that process is a celebration in and of itself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love you, Chay! The Dolly Parton quote is perfection. I really feel your emotion in these images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these, chay! you've inspired me to capture REAL selfies. the good ones are hard enough ;)

    ReplyDelete